9th Way Insignia is a service-disabled, veteran-owned company bringing transformative technology to our government customers so they can achieve their missions. Our specialties include cybersecurity, cloud modernization, software development, data analytics, enterprise architecture, enterprise IT, analytics and artificial intelligence. Learn more about 9th Way Insignia at https://9thwayinsignia.com/
The Base-Level Information Technology Services (BLITS) program directly supports the mission of the 66th Air Base Group (66 ABG) at Hanscom Air Force Base (HAFB), Massachusetts. The objective of this program is to secure, support, and sustain information and information systems, as well as support mission success through effective and efficient service delivery. The technical services include a wide range of capabilities:
The rapid evolution of technology and continuing changes in Air Force cyber policy, organization, and procedures requires flexibility and operational knowledge of the Air Force Information Network (AFIN). The 9th Way Insignia team will work with Air Force managers, employees, and stakeholders to provide a high level of integration to deliver quantity, complexity, and interrelatedness of the information technology services tasks. 9th Way Insignia is looking for an IT Operations Manager to join this team.
Professional Level Information:
The IT Operations Manager aligns as a Level 4H Hybrid Manager/Lead at 9th Way Insignia. A Hybrid Manager at 9th Way Insignia accomplishes department objectives by managing staff and processes and evaluating department activities. Focuses on leading a team and working hands-on with projects involving technology. Hybrid Managers require skills and qualifications such as exceptional leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
Functional Job (LCAT) Information:
An IT Operations Manager must have experience with diverse IT operational support services, specifically in a DoD IT services environment. Specific position responsibilities include the following:
- Infrastructure and Transmission Management
- Network Operations
- Knowledge Operations
- Program and Financial Management’
- Quality Assurance
- Overseeing the associated compliance, security defense, request management, Plan of Action & Milestones (POA&M), problem management, and user experience management processes and overall execution.
- Executing, managing, controlling, and reporting on these activities on an ongoing and recurring basis.
Certification and Requirements:
This position requires IAT Level III certification, which includes at least one of the following certification requirements:
- Manage and perform base cyber/IT and support AF Enterprise Service missions.
- Oversee the use of and development of source documents, forms, or automated products in Weekly Activity Reports (WAR).
- Support Cyber/IT Command and Control of the AFIN to operate, secure, defend, maintain, and control the Base Area Network (BAN) of the AFIN for the purposes of DoDIN Operations and Defensive Cyberspace Operations (DCO).
- Receive requests and direction from Air Force Net Ops and facilitate coordination/resolutions both internally within 66 ABG/SC and with external organizations.
- Review, disseminate, direct, and report accomplishments and compliance with Cyber Orders and FRAGOs; Time Compliance Network Orders (TCNOs); Maintenance Tasking Orders (MTOs); Technical Change Orders (TCOs); and any other downward-directed operations, security, or configuration management-related orders.
- Manage and review Notices to Airmen (NOTAMs), Situational Reports (SITREPs), Operational Reports (OPREPs), and Authorized System Interruptions (ASIs) and ensure that updates are forwarded to the appropriate work centers for action.
- Provide local commanders and directors with situational awareness of their ability to support all mission areas.
- Coordinate with 66 ABG and the MCCC on operational impacts and POA&Ms to mitigate risk to the AFIN when relief of order is granted.
- Provide Base Change Sponsor services to Hanscom AFB customers facilitating AFNet Change Management process.
- Receive, validate, document, and coordinate initial analysis of the requested change with appropriate stakeholders, and seek approval of requested network infrastructure change.
- Support Contingency Readiness services, including providing a 24-hour point of contact for 66 ABG/SC leadership and the command post to support contingency readiness.
- Provide cyber/IT situational awareness services at all appropriate management levels. Integrate actions across service work centers to provide timely, accurate situational awareness and reporting on the status of AFIN services, systems, and capabilities on Hanscom AFB and at GSUs.
- Support performance monitoring services of AFIN and BAN networks, including all information systems.
- Facilitate the rapid identification, isolation, and resolution of service incidents before they cause significant degradation, poor performance, or outages that could result in mission impact.
- Support problem management services to remediate recurring technical issues affecting Hanscom users and devices.
- Provide end-to-end user experience monitoring.
Technical and security expertise is critical for the overall execution and success of the program. Candidates for this position must possess experience that meets or exceeds the following minimum requirements:
- CASP+ CE – CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+) CE Certification
- CCNP Security - CCNA Security - Cisco CCNA Security Certification
- CISA - Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA
- CISSP (or Associate) - Certified Information Systems Security Professional
- GCED – GIAC - Certified Enterprise Defender
- GCIH – GIAC Certified Incident Handler
- CCSP – Certified Cloud Security Professional | (ISC)²
The salary range for this position is $124,674.80 to $186,079.44
9th Way Insignia’s range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Clearance, Background Investigation:
This position requires a Top Secret with SCI Eligibility. Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and will need to meet eligibility requirements.
Onsite at Hanscom Air Force Base (HAFB), Massachusetts
- DoD or Federal experience in the operation, security, defense, and maintenance of a large-scale wide-area network.
- Experience executing a change request operation, including coordinating with multiple external networks.
- Hands-on experience with SITREPs, OPREPs, and/or ASI events and follow-up actions; for example, briefing executives or command-level stakeholders.
- Change management expertise in a DoD or other Federal agency environment.
- Experience supporting contingency readiness services.
- Experience supporting problem management services.
The COVID-19 vaccination requirement for federal employees and contractors pursuant to Executive Order 14043 does not currently apply. Some jobs, however, may be subject to agency or job specific vaccination requirements.
We’re an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer that empowers our people to fearlessly drive change – no matter their race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, military or uniformed service member status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, local, or international law. firstname.lastname@example.org