9th Way Insignia is a service-disabled veteran-owned company bringing transformative technology to our government customers so they can achieve their missions. Our specialties include cybersecurity, cloud modernization, software development, data analytics, enterprise architecture, enterprise IT, analytics and artificial intelligence. Learn more about 9th Way Insignia at https://9thwayinsignia.com
The Base-Level Information Technology Services (BLITS) program directly supports the mission of the 66th Air Base Group (66 ABG) at Hanscom Air Force Base (HAFB), Massachusetts. The objective of this program is to secure, support, and sustain information and information systems, as well as support mission success through effective and efficient service delivery. The technical services include a wide range of capabilities:
The rapid evolution of technology and continuing changes in Air Force cyber policy, organization, and procedures requires flexibility and operational knowledge of the Air Force Information Network (AFIN). The 9th Way Insignia team will work with Air Force managers, employees, and stakeholders to provide a high level of integration to deliver quantity, complexity, and interrelatedness of the information technology services tasks. 9th Way Insignia is looking for a Lead Software Engineer to join this team.
Professional Level Information:
The Lead Software Engineer aligns as an Engineer, 3 at 9th Way Insignia. An Engineer, 3 typically plans and directs research or development work on complex projects, along with engaging various parties in design and development. Costs and recommendations of new components may also involve part of the job scope. An Engineer, 3 performs multiple engineering-related tasks in various assignments within the project and firm. Oversees the design, development, implementation, and analysis of technical products and systems. An Engineer, 3 has broad knowledge of engineering procedures and assists in the resolution of complex problems. Has strong technical skills and background, a knack for learning new technologies, and a blend of good problem-solving and innovation needed to resolve a wide variety of technical production challenges.
Functional Job (LCAT) Information:
A Lead Software Engineer will create software development plans and strategies. He or she must have experience in applications development, integration, operations, sustainment, customer support services, and PKI/PKE services, as well as experience in database design. Specific position responsibilities include the following:
- Infrastructure and Transmission Management
- Network Operations
- Knowledge Operations
- Program and Financial Management’
- Quality Assurance
- Overseeing work of application developers.
- Conducting quality control of software and application development.
- Conducting proactive risk identification and mitigation of software, web, and database development processes.
- Devising solutions to predicted problems and evaluating options.
- Leading a team to write a specific section of various applications, web solutions, and databases, combining all elements of the application/software design and testing.
Certification and Requirements:
This position requires IAT Level II certification, which includes at least one of the following certification requirements:
- Assist the Air Force Knowledge Operations Flight in providing Web and EIS services.
- Oversee and participate in web services, including internet presence provider services (web and database); applications development, integration, operations, sustainment and customer support services (web and database); and PKI/PKE services.
- Oversee and participate in applications services to monitor, control, configure, and optimize applications systems supporting HAFB.
- Oversee and participate in application and web services, including the activities, methods, processes, procedures, capabilities, tools, and resources that pertain to the development and fielding of web and database applications, as well as Air Force Enterprise Information Services (EIS)/SharePoint solutions.
- Support system upgrades and transitions; for example, transition from SharePoint 2013 to SharePoint Online.
- Develop, maintain, and present site owner and site collection authority (SCA) training covering EIS technical solutions, as well as AF, MAJCOM, and base policy and guidance.
- Maintain the above services in accordance with AFI, Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act, and applicable security guidance (STIGs).
- Oversee and directly support to the following integrated services:
- End-to-End Performance Monitoring
- Situational Awareness
- Service Request Management for voice issues
- Service Incident Management
- Problem Management
- Change Management
- Configuration Management
Technical and security expertise is critical for the overall execution and success of the program. Candidates for this position must possess experience that meets or exceeds the following minimum requirements:
- CCNA Security - Cisco CCNA Security Certification
- CySA+ - CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst
- GICSP - GIAC Global Industrial Cyber Security Professional (GICSP) certification
- GSEC - GIAC Security Essentials (GSEC) certification
- Security+ - Security+ CE
- CND - Certified Network Defender (CND) Certification
- SSCP - Systems Security Certified Practitioner | (ISC)²
The salary range for this position is $118,737.90 to 155,546.64
9th Way Insignia’s range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Clearance, Background Investigation:
This position requires a Top Secret with SCI Eligibility. Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and will need to meet eligibility requirements.
Onsite at Hanscom Air Force Base (HAFB), Massachusetts
- Technical experience with Air Force Network (AFNET) and AFNET-S.
- Experience with web application, software and database services to include development, integration, deployment, operations, sustainment, customer support and PKI/PKE.
- Technical expertise in SharePoint 2013 and SharePoint Online.
- Experience with AFI 33-393 and Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act compliance.
- Some experience with the following technologies:
- XML, LDAP, AJAX, JQUERY, ODBC, Classic ASP, NetCore
- Telerik UI for ASP.NET AJAX
- MS Visual Studio
- MS SQL Server Management Studio
- MS Team Foundation Server
- Adobe Fireworks
- MS Windows Administrative Tools
- Experience with core processes and services that include the following:
- Performance Monitoring
- Problem Management
- Cybersecurity, as it related to applications, software and databases
- Change Management
- Configuration Management
- Continuity of Operations
The COVID-19 vaccination requirement for federal employees and contractors pursuant to Executive Order 14043 does not currently apply. Some jobs, however, may be subject to agency or job specific vaccination requirements.
We’re an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer that empowers our people to fearlessly drive change – no matter their race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, military or uniformed service member status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, local, or international law. firstname.lastname@example.org