9th Way Insignia is a service-disabled veteran-owned company bringing transformative technology to our government customers so they can achieve their missions. Our specialties include cybersecurity, cloud modernization, software development, data analytics, enterprise architecture, enterprise IT, analytics and artificial intelligence. Learn more about 9th Way Insignia at https://9thwayinsignia.com/
The Base-Level Information Technology Services (BLITS) program directly supports the mission of the 66th Air Base Group (66 ABG) at Hanscom Air Force Base (HAFB), Massachusetts. The objective of this program is to secure, support, and sustain information and information systems, as well as support mission success through effective and efficient service delivery. The technical services include a wide range of capabilities:
The rapid evolution of technology and continuing changes in Air Force cyber policy, organization, and procedures requires flexibility and operational knowledge of the Air Force Information Network (AFIN). The 9th Way Insignia team will work with Air Force managers, employees, and stakeholders to provide a high level of integration to deliver quantity, complexity, and interrelatedness of the information technology services tasks. 9th Way Insignia is looking for a Service Desk Lead to join this team.
Professional Level Information:
The Service Desk Lead aligns as an Engineer, 3 at 9th Way Insignia. An Engineer, 3 typically plans and directs research or development work on complex projects, along with engaging various parties in design and development. Costs and recommendations of new components may also involve part of the job scope. Performs multiple engineering-related tasks in various assignments within the project and firm. An Engineer, 3 oversees the design, development, implementation, and analysis of technical products and systems. An Engineer, 3 has broad knowledge of engineering procedures and assists in the resolution of complex problems. An Engineer, 3 has strong technical skills and background, a knack for learning new technologies, and a blend of good problem-solving and innovation needed to resolve a wide variety of technical production challenges.
Functional Job (LCAT) Information:
A Service Desk Lead has experience in planning, implementing, and managing service desk systems. Specific position responsibilities include the following:
- Infrastructure and Transmission Management
- Network Operations
- Knowledge Operations
- Program and Financial Management’
- Quality Assurance
- Handling customer/user satisfaction issues.
- Reviewing data to identify trends and issues.
- Reporting trends to program execution teams.
Certification and Requirements:
This position requires IAT Level II certification, which includes at least one of the following certification requirements:
- Assist the Government Client Information Systems Manager by performing Service Desk Management.
- Oversee the monitoring, control, configuring, and optimization of AFIN end device systems, including the activities, methods, processes, procedures, capabilities, tools, and resources that pertain to the operation, administration, maintenance, and provisioning of end device systems. End devices include AFNET client computers; AFNET-S client computers; UC/voice subscribers; and associated peripheral devices.
- Oversee End Device Management, including the installation and deployment, monitoring, configuration, maintenance, and security of end devices.
- Provide Service Desk support for all personnel on Hanscom AFB, at geographically separated units (GSUs), and regional organizations.
- Oversee the execution of all Service Desk responsibilities, including the following integrated services:
- End-to-End Performance Monitoring
- Situational Awareness
- Problem Management
- End User Device Protection, including Vulnerability Management and Cybersecurity
- Change Management
- Configuration Management
- Oversee all local Service Desk services to support Hanscom AFB customers. Using a automated call distribution capability to accept incoming calls.
- Oversee and participate in Service Incident Management activities, methods, processes, procedures, capabilities, tools, and resources used to restore normal service operations. This also includes assignment/reassignment of Service Incidents and Requests from the Enterprise Service Desk to be managed by the Local Service Desk.
- Oversee and participate in Service Request Management activities, methods, processes, procedures, capabilities, tools, and resources used to fulfill requests for AFIN services.
- Provide guidance on, support the use of, and ensure that clients are configured for use of the Virtual Enterprise Service Desk (vESD).
- Oversee the Local Registration Authority capability in support of Identification, Credential, and Access Management.
- Oversee the services to provide local registration authority (LRA) services to Hanscom AFB and OPR-approved regional requests.
Technical and security expertise is critical for the overall execution and success of the program. Candidates for this position must possess experience that meets or exceeds the following minimum requirements:
- CCNA Security - Cisco CCNA Security Certification
- CySA+ - CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst
- GICSP - GIAC Global Industrial Cyber Security Professional (GICSP) certification
- GSEC - GIAC Security Essentials (GSEC) certification
- Security+ - Security+ CE
- CND - Certified Network Defender (CND) Certification
- SSCP - Systems Security Certified Practitioner | (ISC)²
The salary range for this position is $118,737.90 to $155,546.64 per year.
9th Way Insignia’s range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Clearance, Background Investigation:
This position requires a Top Secret with SCI Eligibility. Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and will need to meet eligibility requirements.
Onsite at Hanscom Air Force Base (HAFB), Massachusetts
- Hands on leadership/supervisory experience in a Department of Defense (DoD) Service Desk environment that includes a technical scope. to include client computers; UC/voice subscribers; and associated peripheral devices.
- Experience with end-user Device Management, including the installation and deployment, monitoring, configuration, maintenance, and security of end devices.
- Service Desk experience with core processes and services that include:
- Performance Monitoring
- Problem Management
- Vulnerability Management
- Change Management
- Configuration Management
- Request Management and Trend Analysis
- Experience with Identity and Access Management; for example, Identification, Credential, and Access Management.
- Technical experience with an automated call distribution (ACD) system and reports, as well as the technical capabilities and limitations.
- Hands-on experience with Virtual Enterprise Service Desk (vESD).
The COVID-19 vaccination requirement for federal employees and contractors pursuant to Executive Order 14043 does not currently apply. Some jobs, however, may be subject to agency or job specific vaccination requirements.
We’re an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer that empowers our people to fearlessly drive change – no matter their race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, military or uniformed service member status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, local, or international law. firstname.lastname@example.org