9th Way Insignia is a service-disabled, veteran-owned company bringing transformative technology to our government customers so they can achieve their missions. Our specialties include cybersecurity, cloud modernization, software development, data analytics, enterprise architecture, enterprise IT, analytics and artificial intelligence. Learn more about 9th Way Insignia at https://9thwayinsignia.com/
The DOT Enterprise Information Technology Shared Services (EITSS) contract facilitates ITSS as it moves forward in executing the work requirements of the COE and Operating Administrations, provide visibility and transparency into provider performance, and lead the alignment of services to support ITSS’s vision, organizational structure, personnel skills, and mission requirements.
Professional Level Information:
The Senior Cloud Engineer aligns as an Engineer Level 3 at 9th Way Insignia. An Engineer Level 3 typically plans and directs research or development work on complex projects, along with engaging various parties in design and development. Costs and recommendations of new components may also involve part of the job scope. An Engineer Level 3 performs multiple engineering-related tasks in various assignments within the project and firm. Oversees the design, development, implementation, and analysis of technical products and systems. An Engineer Level 3 has broad knowledge of engineering procedures and assists in the resolution of complex problems. Has strong technical skills and background, a knack for learning new technologies, and a blend of good problem-solving and innovation needed to resolve a wide variety of technical production challenges.
Develops and conducts testing of cloud and virtualization systems. Maintains technical expertise in relevant industry standards and in cloud computing and virtualization technologies such as cloud service provider architecture, design, and configuration; cloud deployment models including public, community, private, and hybrid; cloud service delivery models including infrastructure-, platform-, and software-as-a-service; automation; hypervisors; containers; virtual compute, storage, and networks; virtual infrastructure management; self-provisioning; and scaling. Evaluates and reports on new cloud and virtualization technologies to enhance capabilities of cloud-based and virtualized services. May also provide systems engineering activities such as: Concept of Operations Formulation, Requirements Definition, Analysis and Engineering, System Architecting, System Analysis and Design, Interface and Data Architectures, Validation and Verification, System Integration, System Op. Performance Analysis, Lifecycle Cost Analysis Estimation, Decision Analysis and Physical Configuration Analysis (PCA). Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications. Provides daily supervision and direction to support staff, to include technical and administrative direction.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Design and buildout of automation platforms utilizing Infrastructure as Code methodologies to provision
- Identifying opportunities for optimizing cloud consumption by the agency and providing strategic direction for addressing those opportunities
- Collaborating with external development teams to validate solution architecture within agency cloud environment
- Supporting migration of on-premise workloads to cloud following agency governance and reference architectures
- Supporting strategic cloud initiatives, such as TIC 3.0, Zero Trust Architectures, and DevSecOps by providing architectural guidance and hands on implementation of approach
- Reviewing and approving change requests for cloud-based workloads
- Identifying and communicating opportunities for improving agency security posture within cloud environments
- Providing leadership to junior engineers to increase understanding of agency cloud environments
- Demonstrated understanding of principals supporting compute, network, and storage
- Demonstrated understanding of principals supporting application workloads within the Azure or AWS Cloud
Education and Certifications:
- Must have a minimum of 7 years of related experience managing cloud environments, possessing extensive skills and knowledge in cloud service provider selection, implementation techniques, application data migration techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- 5 years experience deploying/configuring workloads within Microsoft Azure Commercial Cloud and/or AWS Commercial Cloud
- Azure Solutions Architect Expert and/or AWS Solutions Architect Associate
- Demonstrated understanding of cloud engineering methods, applications, and best practices across cloud service providers.
- Demonstrated proficiency in automating processes with GitHub, Ansible, AWS Cloudformation, Packer, PowerShell, or Python, including use of remote APIs
- Experience implementing, managing, and supporting security products to protect workloads in AWS and Azure.
- Experience working with containers and container orchestration systems and hardening practices.
- Experience assessing, customizing, troubleshooting, optimizing, and maintaining current and emerging technologies, platforms, and applications to help ensure greater security and efficiencies.
- Experience with cloud orchestration tools and continuous delivery processes to deploy and manage cloud infrastructure for customers to consume
The salary range for this position is $96,370-$148,407.
9th Way Insignia’s range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Work Location: Remote
The COVID-19 vaccination requirement for federal employees and contractors pursuant to Executive Order 14043 does not currently apply. Some jobs, however, may be subject to agency or job specific vaccination requirements.
We’re an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer that empowers our people to fearlessly drive change – no matter their race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, military or uniformed service member status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, local, or international law. firstname.lastname@example.org.