9th Way Insignia is a service-disabled veteran-owned company bringing transformative technology to our government customers so they can achieve their missions. Our specialties include cybersecurity, cloud modernization, software development, data analytics, enterprise architecture, enterprise IT, analytics and artificial intelligence. Learn more about 9th Way Insignia at https://9thwayinsignia.com.
The Base-Level Information Technology Services (BLITS) program directly supports the mission of the 66th Air Base Group (66 ABG) at Hanscom Air Force Base (HAFB), Massachusetts. The objective of this program is to secure, support, and sustain information and information systems, as well as support mission success through effective and efficient service delivery. The technical services include a wide range of capabilities:
The rapid evolution of technology and continuing changes in Air Force cyber policy, organization, and procedures requires flexibility and operational knowledge of the Air Force Information Network (AFIN). The 9th Way Insignia team will work with Air Force managers, employees, and stakeholders to provide a high level of integration to deliver quantity, complexity, and interrelatedness of the information technology services tasks. 9th Way Insignia is looking for an IT Asset Management Lead to join this team.
Professional Level Information:
The IT Asset Management Lead aligns as an Engineer, 3 at 9th Way Insignia. An Engineer, 3 typically plans and directs research or development work on complex projects, along with engaging various parties in design and development. Costs and recommendations of new components may also involve part of the job scope. Performs multiple engineering-related tasks in various assignments within the project and firm. An Engineer, 3 oversees the design, development, implementation, and analysis of technical products and systems. An Engineer, 3 has broad knowledge of engineering procedures and assists in the resolution of complex problems. An Engineer, 3 has strong technical skills and background, a knack for learning new technologies, and a blend of good problem-solving and innovation needed to resolve a wide variety of technical production challenges.
Functional Job (LCAT) Information:
The IT Asset Management Lead must have experience providing guidance, leadership, and expertise on strategic, planning, business, and financial issues related to asset management, emerging asset management trends, and complex problems for the sustainability of the client’s assets. Specific position responsibilities include the following:
- Infrastructure and Transmission Management
- Network Operations
- Knowledge Operations
- Program and Financial Management’
- Quality Assurance
- Formulating, developing, modifying, recommending, and administering policies, regulations, bulletins, systems, methods, processes, and procedures for the effective management of the Federal client’s owned, delegated, and leased assets.
- Collaborating and coordinating with other Asset Managers and experts within the Department of Defense (DoD), General Services Administration (GSA), other agencies, and industry to have a thorough understanding of required asset management tools, processes, systems, software, regulations, and policies.
- Providing training and mentoring Asset Managers and other stakeholders, which requires a thorough understanding of asset management.
- Providing expert-level asset management, planning, analysis, and guidance for major assets, actions, strategic plans, and business objectives/direction, as well as program analysis of asset management portfolio and activities.
Technical and security expertise is critical for the overall execution and success of the program. Candidates for this position must possess experience that meets or exceeds the following minimum requirements:
- Provide IT Asset Management (ITAM) functions and duties across the full lifecycle, including planning, ordering, receiving, staging, preparing, delivering, tracking, retrieving (excess pick up), reutilizing, and disposing of assets. The scope includes IT Assets, IT hardware devices, software licenses and Personal Wireless Communication Systems (PWCS) devices.
- Oversee and assist in managing the key Asset Management programs for which 66 ABG/SC has Office of Primary Responsibility (OPR).
- Perform all functions of an Equipment Control Officer (ECO), Base Personal Wireless Communication Systems (PWCS) Manager, and the Base Software License Manager (BSLM) as defined by AFMAN 17-1203.
- Maintain data within approved (local and DoD) tracking tools.
- Manage central shipping, distribution, surplus, and disposal for IT hardware, Personal Wireless Communication Systems (PWCS) devices, and software (when shipped directly or received by the warehouse) assets.
- Enter transfer/new data into the Government-approved management systems, affixing labels to equipment prior to distribution; log all parcels, packages, and shipments sent and received and dispose of hard drives.
- Maintain accurate status listings for each organizational asset account on SharePoint.
- Maintain local training for each asset management program.
- Report incidents where software and/or hardware is not properly purchased by the Government and is installed on Government-owned equipment.
- Provide direct support to increase situational awareness.
The salary range for this position is $118,737.90 to $155,546.64 per year.
9th Way Insignia’s range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Clearance, Background Investigation:
This position requires a Top Secret with SCI Eligibility. Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and will need to meet eligibility requirements.
Onsite at Hanscom Air Force Base (HAFB), Massachusetts
- Hands-on experience overseeing an asset management program of similar scope and size to HAFB.
- Direct experience providing leadership and expertise on asset management planning, execution, accountability, reporting, and emerging asset management trends.
- Direct experience using asset management tools, preferably in a DoD or Federal environment.
- Experience collaborating and coordinating with other Asset Managers and experts within DoD, GSA, or other agencies.
- Experience providing training and mentoring for Asset Managers and other stakeholders,
The COVID-19 vaccination requirement for federal employees and contractors pursuant to Executive Order 14043 does not currently apply. Some jobs, however, may be subject to agency or job specific vaccination requirements.
We’re an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer that empowers our people to fearlessly drive change – no matter their race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, military or uniformed service member status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, local, or international law. firstname.lastname@example.org